Sunday, December 23, 2012

My facebook page





Facebook, the most popular social networking website in the world. Deep down every facebook user have a dark past and it is called as ORKUT. Obviously every facebook user is an orkut immigrant, including me. We all love facebook, don't we? In fact we are proud of ourselves, for being a facebook user. Like everyone, i too spent many hours sitting in front of this site, clicking on the home button always. We know it terminates our valuable time, and still can't avoid this stuff. Few people i know must be offered a job by Zuckerberg some day or the other. They spend almost every minute of their active hours on that particular day. I'm pretty sure, they will kill me if i mention their names here. People dive in here and probably they won't find their way back. JAM, why am i saying all these things? I, actually am not criticizing these people rather i am just throwing some light on the facebook virality. Take no offence guys.

Besides its cons, FB also have its pros, provided if we use it in the right manner. As i mentioned in my bio, I am a MS aspirant and hence bound to take GRE. I was under coaching period during march-may 2012. As this is post in not about my preparation, i don't wanna discuss about my prep. My good & close friend Sri Harsha, who started his coaching ahead of me used to give me tips. It was his idea, actually, to start a facebook page regarding the vocabulary section. This is to help ourselves by remembering the words, as the main motto of the page is posting five GRE words everyday. To be guileless, we never set up a target to reach certain number of likes. It was just a selfish hypothesis then. We hardly promoted the page even. Don't know how, slowly the page was caught up with regular users. This made us work towards the development of the page. My friend, the actual founder of the page along with me equally bolstered the page with our ingenious ideas. Apart from five daily ideas, we started sharing some articles, useful information regarding test. In that particular period of time, we were happy that we found some fellow mates to exchange our views, through the page. Few more days like this and our page went viral at light speed, many questions, many compliments and yeah many valuable suggestions, leading to many productive thoughts. People even contributed with their encouragement. We, the admins learned very much from most of them. And then we never looked back, never maintained it lethargically. We thought of more new ideas to help our fans (i meant the people who liked our page). There were chronical posts everyday. Let anything may happen, we have decided not to commercialize the page. It should remain as it was in the first day, just a candid non profit page. Without all the people who liked our page page, today it would not be such a huge hit. I hereby, contribute my gracious regards to all people who stood with us. We promise to keep the standards and never let your expectations down.


This is the outcome- Our facebook page





0 comments:

Post a Comment